Throne of Iron, Throne of Blood
- Inherent bonuses are used, and magic items are scarce. Players start with no free magic items, and normal starting gold.
- No backgrounds are used. Instead, all characters get a free feat: SKILL TRAINING or SKILL FOCUS, player’s choice.
- Each character gets one Trade Skill — choose an ability score and a mundane profession or trade; the skill check is the ability check +5.
- Everyone gets one action point per encounter.
- Experience points aren’t tracked; instead, characters advance when plot-appropriate, usually after 2 to 4 game sessions. All characters in the game level up at the same rate.
- Rituals don’t use components; instead, each ritual caster can use one ritual per day for every level. Item creation rituals don’t exist.